I am a Senior Software Engineer Engineer at Apple (AIML - Knowledge Platform). I completed PhD in Computer Science from the University of Waterloo, and B.Sc. in computer science and engineering from the Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET). During graduate school I interned at Google and IBM Research – USA, and INRIA – France. My work spans several areas of systems and networking, including network function virtualization, network virtualization, software-defined networking, and cloud computing. I received several recognitions for my work including, the 2021 University of Waterloo Alumni Gold medal, the best paper award of IEEE NetSoft in 2019, the best paper award of IEEE/ACM/IFIP CNSM in 2017 and 2019, and the 2021 IEEE ComSoc CNOM Young Professional Award.
- Apr 04, 2023: Jason’s summer internship work on high-throughput hybrid query processing accepted to SIGMOD 2023 (paper on arXiv).
- Nov 22, 2022: Extension of our work on re-optimizing optical network slice embedding accepted to IEEE TNSM.
- Apr 28, 2022: Received the best dissertation award at IEEE/IFIP NOMS 2022.
- Dec 16, 2021: Our work on multi-step attack detection using programmable dataplane (collaboration with INRIA) accepted to IEEE/IFIP NOMS 2022.
- Oct 21, 2021: Received the 2021 University of Waterloo Alumni Gold medal.